Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Max Update

This update is several days in the waiting---I've been slacking.

Friday night, after I had gone home to sleep, they moved Max down to pediatric ICU.  The room was much nicer than the one we had up in the burn unit.  It was darker, nicer designed, and fortunately for Abby, it had a fold out couch she could sleep on and a bathroom in the room so she did not have to actually leave the unit.  It was a much nicer stay than I had the night before.

I can't complain because she let me go home to sleep and sleep I did.  I went to bed about 9:30 and woke up 11 hours later.   I scurried and picked up breakfast and ran down to the hospital.

I was there for about an hour and the doctor came in and checked Max out.  He removed his drain and said he was good to go home.  The nurse came in, gave us our discharge paperwork and we went home.

Max was happy to be home.  The main problem he has been facing is that the Tylenol 3 prescription that they gave him was in liquid form and it evidently tastes like poop (Abby won't let me sample any). Because it tastes like poop, Max won't take it.  He would rather suffer for hours on end having a neck that hurts and down a shot of medicine.

Other than that (like constant misery isn't so bad) things have been going well.   He has a doctor's appointment today so we will update after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment